Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Marathon

My friend and one-time collaborator is running the London Marathon and is looking for sponsors. Here is his note:

After my 37 years in the business, I'm running the 2008 London Marathon for the UK book trade's welfare charity, BTBS. You can make a contribution at http://www.justgiving.com/michaelholdsworth [or see below if you don't like using a card online.] Since I did my last Marathon aged 50 (and before that, at age 40), 2008 - at 60 - is appropriate, I guess. As you will know, BTBS is a very small charity and every little bit helps proportionately much more!Best as ever - and thanks in advance for anything you care to contribute. Michael

So as my mother in law would say 'take the rubber-band off your wallet' and give him and the charity some help. If nothing else wish him well. Last year it was very hot.

No comments: